Trusted Provider of EMC Assurance Services to the Railway Industry, Offering Consultancy, Testing & Training
York EMC Services (YES) is an established market leader for the provision of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) assurance services to the railway industry, offering consultancy, testing and training.
We have many years of expertise, experience and a solid track record of demonstrating EMC for major railway projects in the UK and worldwide.
EMC in the Rail Industry
EMC is a significant concern within the railway industry. Failures in compatibility within and between systems such as signalling, traction, control and communications can introduce
unreliability and compromise the safety of passengers and staff.
Our in depth knowledge and experience enables us to provide a wide range of services to demonstrate EMC and safety.
- EM hazard identification: desk based studies, on-site inspection, cable studies for HAZID/HAZOPS
- EMC Project management: EMC management plans; compilation of the EMC compliance report
- EMC Technical Documentation preparation
- Notified Body assessment of EMC Technical Documentation
- Computational modelling
- Bespoke measurements
- EMC/EMF site surveys
- On site EMC testing
- Expert Witness Services
One of our strengths is our capability, being able to apply our expertise to identifying EMC problems, devising diagnostic test methods or computational models and providing data to enable the issue to be understood more clearly and be used to effect a solution.
Services to the Rail Industry
York EMC Services provides comprehensive assistance to the Railway industry, covering: compliance and regulatory issues, Network Rail/London Underground specific requirements, on-site and laboratory testing as well as hazard identification and risk assessment, theoretical and computational assessments and problem solving.
Our capabilities and breadth of experience encompass:
- On Site testing whole vehicles to EN50121-3-1
- UKAS accredited laboratory testing of sub-systems to EN50121-3-2
- Preparing Technical Documentation and EMC aspects of Safety Cases
- Preparing EMC Management Plans and Compliance Reports
- Laboratory accredited testing to EN50121-4
- On-site pre and post installation EM site surveys
- Fixed Installation EMC Documentation compilation
- Pre and post installation on-site testing to EN50121-2
- Equipment testing to EN50121-5
- EMC Management Plans - Compliance Reports
- Whole ‘Line’ EM site surveys
- Stray current measurement
- Touch voltage potential measurements
An exciting year ahead with a new state-of-... Read article
EMC Assurance in Rail
PDF to download