Renewable Energy Testing Site Surveys & Consultancy | EMC | EMF | Electrical Safety
Today's fastest growing renewable energy technologies such as solar, wind, tidal, wave, and photovoltaic (PV) power provide both opportunities and challenges in order to meet the expectations of energy from sustainable sources.
Harnessing renewable energy provides technical challenges, ranging from the unpredictability of the natural energy sources themselves through to the reliability of the technology to transfer the energy into electrical power. This is made harder by the often remote locations of installations.
York EMC Services (YES) is an established, independent organisation offering a range of specialist services for the renewable energy industry, taking into account the essence of European safety standards, offering advice, support and testing, we enable manufacturers, installers and operators to deliver power safely and reliably.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- Assessment and guidance relating to CENELEC Technical report CLC/TR50373
- EMC Management for single or multiple WTGs, PV, tidal and wave plants as part of a fixed installation under the EMC Directive 2014/30/EU (which has superseded 2004/108/EC)
- Product system and sub-system testing for equipment and apparatus intended to be integrated into a WTG, PV, tidal and wave plants
- EMC design consultancy and testing for high power electronics, WTG convertor and inverter systems
- On-site EMC surveys to identify electromagnetic threats
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF)
- EMF assessments of installations to ICNIRP and European Directive requirements
- On-site EMF surveys and audits
Stirring of radio waves
- Computational modelling of the effect of disturbing electromagnetic signals such as radio, TV and mobile telecommunications by the turbine blades
Electrical Safety testing
- Electrical safety assessments of installed systems
- Electrical safety assessments of equipment and apparatus to be integrated into a wind turbine installation
We offer Radio testing to a wide range of devices.
Our test engineers and consultants have worked on numerous projects in the UK and Ireland either as independent specialists or as part of a larger team, assisting the renewable energy and in particular the wind power industry.
Contact us for more information.
Compliance Solutions for the Renewables Industry
Flyer with a brief overview of services. PDF