Providing a Comprehensive Range of Regulatory Testing & Support to Enable you to Achieve Compliance
Home » Testing
Testing - CE Marking and Global Market Access
YES is recognised as a leading independent provider of compliance testing services in the UK, enabling products to readily and efficiently access the UK, European and the Global Markets.
Our comprehensive suite of services ranges from pre-production (pre-compliance) testing through to fully UKAS accredited compliance, diagnostic and full production testing. YES can therefore help you to ensure that your products meet with their worldwide regulatory compliance requirements and approvals throughout their lifecycle.
Our staff are highly knowledgeable and experienced both in testing and in finding cost effective solutions where remedial work is required.
Our ethos is to support your organisation to the fullest extent required in order to meet your regulatory obligations and minimise your business risk.
Our Testing Portfolio Covers:
EMC Testing: Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing to International (IEC), European (EN) and National (BS) standards and the EMC Directive (EMCD; 2014/30/EU)*
Safety Testing: Electrical safety testing to International, European and National standards including CB Certification and the Low Voltage Directive (LVD; 2014/35/EU)*
EMF Testing: Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Assessment to International, European and National standards and the EMF Directive (EMFD; 2004/40/EC)*
Radio and Telecommunications: Radio and Telecommunications approval testing to international standards (FCC, ICES, …), European standards (ESTI) and Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment Directive (R&TTE; 1999/5/EC)* and Radio Equipment Directive (RED; 2014/53/EU)*.
We have three UKAS accredited test laboratories (1574) located at:
- Grangemouth, Scotland
- Yate, near Bristol
- Castleford, near Leeds (Note: we are currently operating out of two Castleford sites while we move from our Methley Road site to our Speedwell Road site)
Contact details for each site can be found here.
In addition to our laboratory based services we also offer:
- Regulatory compliance testing of large equipment on-site
- Electromagnetic (EMC and EMF) site surveys
- EMF assessments
- Railway testing
- Built environment testing
* New Directives under the New Legislative Framework in 2016:
- The new EMC Directive 2014/30/EU superseded 2004/108/EC on 20th April 2016 with no transition period. For more information click here
- The new Low Voltage Directive (LVD) 2014/35/EU superseded 2006/95/EC on 20th April 2016 with no transition period. For more information click here
- The R&TTE was replaced by the new Radio Equipment Directive (RED) 2014/53/EU on 13th June 2016 with a one year transition period; for more information click here
- The Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) Directive 2013/35/EU comes into force on 1st July 2016, replacing the previous EMF recommendation 1999/519/EC; for more information click here.