Advanced EMC Measurements
EMC Measurement Environments (2 days)
Adhering to the test method described in an Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test standard should result in a valid test against which a product can be judged to have passed or failed.
Whilst standards describe the test method and the process that should be followed, they do not necessarily provide an understanding of the fundamental reason for performing the test or the theoretical detail behind what is being done.
The EMC Measurement Environments* course studies the theory and detail of radiated emission and immunity measurements, including the test equipment and the measurement environments, to provide a full understanding of the
measurements being performed.
*Please note that this course has previously been called Advanced EMC Measurements.
Bookings for this course can be made up to 7 days prior to the course start date. For bookings made closer to the start date, please call us for availability.
What is it about?
This course studies the theory and detail of radiated emission and immunity measurements including the test equipment and the measurement environments to provide a full understanding of the measurements being performed.
Included are practical demonstrations that will allow attendees to fully engage with the environments and instrumentation available.
- An introduction to electromagnetic theory
- Understanding measurement antennas
- Detailed analysis of radiated emisson and immunity measurements
- Discussion of measurement systems and environments
- Practical demonstrations in commonly used measurements environments including; anechoic and semi anechoic chambers, screened rooms, Open Area Test Sites (OATS), GigaHertz transverse electromagnetic (GTEM) cell
This course is carried out at our UKAS accredited Test laboratory.
Who should attend?
- Engineers who are making or specifying EMC test measurements; especially radiated measurements
- Design engineers wishing to extend their understanding of the tests performed on their equipment
- For people wishing to know more about EMC measurements and testing, this course will extend their understanding of complex EMC related issues
What will I achieve?
- Knowledge of the theory of EMC measurements and measurement systems
- An understanding of how EMC measurements are carried out in practice
- Understand the essential Electromagnetic theory
- Gain a deeper understanding of radiated measurements
- Discuss and understand measurements equipment, measurement systems and their use
- Practical demonstrations of instrumentation
Practical demonstrations of measurement environments including:
- Screened rooms
- Fully anechoic chambers
- Semi anechoic chambers
- Open area test sites (OATS)
- GigaHertz transverse electromagnetic (GTEM) cell
- Access knowledgeable staff and accredited test facilities